When it comes to pet hair, vacuums are a must-have. Not just any vacuum will do; it needs to be specifically designed to tackle pet hair. But with so many pet hair vacuums on the market, it can be hard to decide which one is best. To help make your decision easier, this buyer’s guide will cover the different types of pet hair vacuums, features to consider, and our top picks.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
When shopping for a pet hair vacuum, it’s important to understand the different types available. The most common types of pet hair vacuums are upright, canister, and handheld.
- Upright vacuums are great for larger homes and are usually the most powerful option. They typically have the most features and are easy to maneuver. They’re also usually the most expensive option.
- Canister vacuums are great for smaller homes and are usually the most lightweight option. They are easy to store and move from room to room. They’re also usually the least expensive option.
- Handheld vacuums are great for quick cleanups and are usually the most versatile option. They’re easy to carry around and are great for hard-to-reach places. They’re also usually the most affordable option.
Features to Consider When Shopping for a Pet Hair Vacuum
When shopping for a pet hair vacuum, there are several features to consider. These features include suction power, filtration system, size and weight, cord length, and accessories.
- Suction power is an important feature to consider. The more powerful the suction, the better the vacuum will be at picking up pet hair. Look for vacuums with strong suction power.
- Filtration systems are also important. Look for vacuums with HEPA or multi-level filtration systems. These systems help capture more pet hair and debris and can help keep your air quality clean.
- Size and weight are also important. Upright and canister vacuums are typically heavier than handheld vacuums. Consider how often you’ll be using the vacuum and how easy it is to move.
- Cord length is important for upright and canister vacuums. Longer cords allow you to cover a larger area without having to constantly unplug and plug in the vacuum.
- Accessories can also be helpful. Look for vacuums with attachments such as crevice tools, dusting brushes, and upholstery tools to help you clean hard-to-reach places.
Our Top Picks for Pet Hair Vacuums
Now that you know what to look for, here are some of the best pet hair vacuums available:
- The Shark Rotator Lift-Away is an upright vacuum that offers powerful suction and a HEPA filtration system. It also has a long cord and several attachments for hard-to-reach places.
- The Dyson V7 Animal is a handheld vacuum that offers strong suction and a HEPA filtration system. It’s lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- The Bissell PowerLifter Pet is a canister vacuum that offers great suction and a multi-level filtration system. It has a long cord and several attachments for hard-to-reach places.
When shopping for a pet hair vacuum, it’s important to consider the different types, features, and our top picks. Upright, canister, and handheld vacuums all offer different benefits and features. Consider the suction power, filtration system, size and weight, cord length, and accessories when shopping for a pet hair vacuum. Our top picks include the Shark Rotator Lift-Away, the Dyson V7 Animal, and the Bissell PowerLifter Pet. With the right pet hair vacuum, you can keep your home clean and fur-free.